Georgette Barnes Sakyi-Addo
- Selected as one of the 100 Global Inspirational Women In Mining by Women In Mining – UK, Georgette Barnes Sakyi-Addo has consistently founded and managed startups and small and medium business entities in the mining sector, and sought to give of herself and make an impact on others in the mining community.
- When asked at her first job interview in 1993 by the CEO of International Gold Resources (IGR) in Accra, why she should be hired as Administration Assistant in an exploration firm when she had no prior experience, she replied: “I’ll never get any experience unless someone first tries me.” IGR tried her. She went on to establish an IGR office in Burkina Faso, and travelled all over West Africa to assist with Concessions acquisition and also actively giving other young job seekers a chance.
- She was subsequently the first hire at Resource Services Group (RSG) where she established its new offices as head of administration. But she went beyond duty and took interest in the core business, and for the following 10 years she worked with the Team on projects throughout West Africa.
- In 2004, She became Founding Managing Director of Corstor Ghana Limited, a mining supplies firm headquartered in Johannesburg. Under Georgette’s direction and leadership, the mine support business caught the attention of an Industry Giant which acquired the Corstor group including it’s Ghana branch.
- She also represented Westernex in Ghana and the West Africa sub region as non-executive director.
- She has also established her own locally-owned Drilling & Mining supplies company, Georgette Barnes Ltd, representing known sector brands such as Australian Mud Company, Breithaupt, RIDGID and Westernex.
- To top it all, she is sharing her knowledge and experience by establishing Women in Mining Ghana and volunteering as co-ordinator. Georgette is also a volunteer and Co-founder of Accra Mining Network (AMN) dedicated to people working in all aspects of the mining industry in Ghana to “meet, learn & earn”. AMN currently has an on-line presence of over 650 people.
- She studied for a BA in French and Linguistics, and a Graduate Diploma in Communications at the University of Ghana. In 2005 she earned a diploma in Accounting/Finance; and in 2015, received a Certificate in Mining Law & Policy(University of Ghana) and another for Proficiency in Principles of Mining Engineering and Surface Mining Operations from UMaT.
- Her Interests include local content & diversity in the mining sector and small- scale mining. She has co-authored 4 publications in artisanal and small-scale mining.
Aries Yaayaa Blankson
- Independent Consulting Geologist/Environmental Scientist with 18+ years experience in mineral exploration/mining industry in Ghana.
- Mineral Title acquisition, management and assessment in accord with the Laws, legislative Instruments and guidelines governing minerals exploration and extraction in Ghana
- Environmental Scientist – Specialized in environmental permitting and related environmental assessment.
- Liaises with stakeholder institutions and agencies in the Minerals and Mining industry in Ghana.
Rosemary Oppong Kwasie
- Rosemary Oppong Kwasie, a Geological Engineer who founded Geomaven Services which provides geoservices to clients. She has previously worked with Coffey International and worked on exploration and Mining Projects as consulting Engineering Geologist in Ghana and other African Countries. She is also the Secretary for Women In Mining Ghana.
- I am passionate about engineering geology, female leadership and empowering women in mining. My long term goal is to be an inspiration to aspiring engineers particularly women to be able to upgrade themselves and fit into the current male dominated profession. I will encourage my fellow women that we can fit into the current male-centric mining world. We need to be bold and confident to take that step forward by recognizing our strength.
- Diana Nkrumah a results-orientated accounting professional with 13 years of experience in a deadline-driven environment. Proven track record in consistently and effectively delivering accounting services that enhance the company’s purpose and profitability.
- I am currently working with Georgette Barnes Limited as Finance Manager and previously worked with Corstor Ghana Limited, Sandvik Mining and Construction, Client Solutions Limited. All stated companies are Mining service and supplies company.
- I am a volunteer Treasurer for Women In Mining Ghana.
- I would like assisting WIM GH in educating, encouraging and empowering more women working in the mining sector.
- Ellen Korley has rich administrative and finance experience both locally and abroad for the past 12years and more especially in the mining industry. She had solid foundation as an Administrator and Banker.
- Ellen previously worked with Castle Minerals Ltd, a company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (Ghana Office) as the Admin/Finance Manager for 5years and currently with Star Goldfields holding the position of Office Manager.
- She also worked with HSBC Bank PLC (London) for 4years and GT Bank (Ghana) in 2012 and holds an MBA in Finance and Business Administration as her 1st degree.